Padstow Harbour - 1000 piece puzzle

Regular price £14.50

Tax included.

Padstow is a town, civil parish and fishing port on the north coast of Cornwall, England and is situated on the west bank of the River Camel estuary approximately 5 miles northwest of Wadebridge.

Padstow was originally named Petroc-stowe after the Welsh missionary Saint Petroc, who landed at Trebetherick around AD 500. After his death a monastery was established here which was of great importance until the town was raided by the Vikings in 981. Later, monks moved inland to Bodmin, taking with them the relics of St Petroc that were so important both in Padstow and Bodmin.

Terry Harrison captures the tranquil atmosphere of the harbour after the fishermen have retired for the afternoon and gone for a quick pint in the local pub.